Monday, January 17, 2011

A Loving Experience

The other day as I was walking, a nasty little fear thought entered my mind.  I'm sure you know the kind.  First there is the thought and then the body joins in as if to validate the thought.  The heart starts pumping faster and a tightness grabs hold of you entire body as if to say danger, be afraid, be very afraid.  It seemed scarcity was once again paying me a visit.  Fortunately, I now know that this is a place i need not stay.

In moments like this i've learned that the only thing to do is stop or at least interrupt the thought pattern.  I bring all my awareness to the present moment and as my mind quiets down, i seek healing.  On this particular day, Jesus spoke to me through thoughts and inquired about my fear.  "Why do you seek a solution to a problem that does not exist" he asked.  He reminded me again  that the only problem that existed was thinking there was a problem.  In truth, what i was worried about only existed in my mind and had not even manifested in any type of form.  It was not a matter of loosing faith as much as it was of loosing patience. 

Jesus asked me another question..."If you knew this was your last day on earth, what would be your agenda?"  I sat for a few moments and contemplated the question but the answer was obvious.  I would only be concerned with letting everyone know how much I loved them.  In that instant I was engulfed in that pure, clear and innocent Love, the kind of  Love that seeks nothing in return and is only concerned with giving.  I was also filled with gratitude and peace.  Jesus told me "now stay in  that space for it is your soul's purpose.
It is not a space you can seek out but rather it shows up, it is given through grace and our willingness to see differently. And in that space you have a "knowing" that everything is perfect just the way it is.

blessings and love, Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment